And the readathon has begun! Well for a few hours already. However, during the first hours I was soundly asleep. But now I’m awake and it is time to start reading.
Today I plan on reading at least two books. The first one will be A School for Sorcery by E. Rose Sabin.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? – I am reading from Utrecht in the Netherlands. Nothing weird this time, because I will just stay home for the day.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? – I am very excited to get to know more about A School For Sorcery. It was recommended by a good friend and I want to know if they were right
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? – I don’t have a lot prepared as snacks. I will mostly enjoy my coffee soon when I’m ready for that.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! – I am Rianne, 26 years old and as I said before I live in the Netherlands. I love to write, game and read of course.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? – I am not sure if I will do anything really different. I just want to enjoy the books I’m reading and relax.
Oh this day is not going as planned. I am like halfway through A School for Sorcery. I think it is a very interesting book. Very different than what I expected even though I’m not sure what I expected in the first place. I have read a lot less than I wanted. I hoped to have read a lot and long strokes, but I’m not feeling very well. I assume it’s the second dose of the Corona vaccine kicking in. It’s not fun and now I’m having trouble concentrating if I even get to my book. I have been in my bed a lot. Tried some tea, that wasn’t fun. Took a shower, which wás a good idea. I am feeling better than earlier today, but still not how I wanted to feel. However, there is still book left for me to read. I don’t want to push me too much, because that would be bad for my health, but when I feel like it I really want to finish this book soon.
I will now get some soup for myself to enjoy so I at least get some food in my body. I will see you later. I hope you are feeling better than me ;).
I have finished my first book for the readathon! Took a lot longer than I wanted, but I still finished it, so that is great. The book was also very cool. At the end I didn’t want it to stop, but of course it did. Luckily there are two more books in this series.
I am now waiting for food to arrive and in the mean time I have also chosen the next book. The Gilded Ones by Namina Forna. I am very excited about this one. I have read a lot about it, even before I received it in an Owlcrate. Now to continue reading and I will see you all later.
And then the end had come. Of course I forgot to end this blog again. It happens a lot that I just stop reading for readathons and I don’t end the blog, but that is not a problem. I had a great day! I had only read 50 pages of the Gilded Ones, but it is really a great book. I love it and I am definitely going to finish it. Only later. Next time I hope I will not be sick so I can read more during a readathon. See you next time?
August 8, 2021 at 1:33 am
Oh no!!! I’m impressed that you were able to read at all after the 2nd COVID vax! I was completely down and out after mine.
Hope you were able to finish the readathon strong. Hang in there!